Our program provides resources to help identify potential weaknesses in a plan and remedy those weaknesses through education, diligence, and improved processes.
Retirement plans require prudent governance by plan sponsors and fiduciaries. RPAG developed the Fiduciary Fitness Program as a well-designed decision-making process to confirm and document proper roles and execution of responsibilities in a prudent manner.
- Identify plan fiduciaries and understand the extent of their specific responsibilities
- Attempt to comply with ERISA §404(a) and §404(c)
- Document the hiring process for service providers
- Identify parties of interest to the plan and take steps to monitor transactions
- Understand major exemptions under ERISA that permit transactions with parties of interest
- Review plan documents in light of current plan operations and make necessary updates
- Comply with reporting and disclosure requirements
- Ensure that individuals are properly bonded and covered by liability insurance and more
Best Practices Approach
The Program offers a holistic approach to fiduciary best practices and encompasses key deliverables, education, and documentation modules:
- Fiduciary Diagnostic™: Demonstrates what plan sponsors and fiduciaries need to address and document plan management responsibilities
- Fiduciary Plan Review™: Examines plan design and documents
- Education Modules: Contains 20+ education modules on topics ranging from fiduciary responsibilities to employer securities, real property, and mergers & acquisitions.
- Documentation Modules: Create positive evidence that fiduciaries’ activities meet their responsibilities under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code